Research and Administration Volunteers: 2 posts
Are you based in or near Chester and can spare a minimum of 5 hours per week to volunteer in the Metabolic Support UK office?
Why do we need your help?
Metabolic Support UK is the leading patient umbrella organisation, supporting those affected by Inherited Metabolic Disorders (IMDs). We are currently looking for two research and administration volunteers to support us with a large data review and Information Standards kitemarking project. The successful candidates will work with our Information Standards Officer to research specific IMDs, facilitate focus groups with families and provide general administrative support to the wider Metabolic Support UK team.
What will I be doing?
This is a varied role and you will do the following activities;
- Recording data and updating our database
- Research and reading relevant online journals/articles to update and improve our current patient information.
- Supporting our Information Standards Officer to facilitate focus groups with patients and IMD specialists.
- Collating and managing feedback from patients and professionals
- Any other administrative duties required by the Core Services Manager and wider Metabolic Support UK team.
What skills/experience do I need?
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- Helpful and positive attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic and approachable
- An interest in the work of Metabolic Support UK
- Ability to work well in a team and unsupervised
- Good IT and typing skills.
- Experience of word processing including Word and Excel.
- Dependable and reliable
How much of my time would you like?
This is a flexible role and days/hours can vary to suit you. Ideally we are looking for you to volunteer for a minimum of 5 hours on a weekly basis. The minimum amount of time commitment required for this role would be 6 months – to allow time to build up knowledge and relationships needed for this role.
Where will I be based?
This role will be based at the Metabolic Support UK offices at Chester Business Park.~
How will I be trained and supported?
- You will receive a full induction to Metabolic Support UK and to your role.
- You will have a designated point of contact for support and guidance when needed.
You will be provided with the equipment and information necessary to carry out your role.
What can I gain from volunteering with you?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of those affected by Inherited Metabolic Disorders.
- Metabolic Support UK will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role
- Reimbursement for any expenses incurred (with prior agreement)
- Utilising your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones.
How do I apply?
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com – successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted shortly after the deadline.
Deadline: 30th June 2018.