If you are enthusiastic, passionate about raising awareness about Inherited Metabolic Disorders, have good organisational skills, and the ability to communicate Metabolic Support UK’s message effectively, you may have the perfect skills to be a Community Ambassador and we would love to hear from you!
Becoming an Ambassador is a great way to make a positive difference to your community. Community Ambassadors are volunteers who raise awareness about the work we do. The role includes supporting families affected by IMDs as well as raising funds for our work in your local community.
What our Ambassadors do for us
The role is flexible and will be based in your local area. As an Ambassador, we would ask you to:
- Organise 2-3 community fundraising activities a year
- Give a talk or presentation to at least one community group a year
- Organise one event that brings families and patients together.
What we do for our Ambassadors
We are so grateful for everything our Ambassadors do for us and we offer you support throughout your journey. We will:
- Invite you to an initial induction day
- Offer you ongoing support from an Ambassador Co-ordinator
- Send you a pre-prepared presentation for your Community Ambassador appointments (so don’t worry if you’re not a powerpoint whizz!), which you can customise to share your own story.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Ambassador and would like to find out more, please contact Julie Kempster at Julie@metabolicsupportuk.org or on 0845 241 2173.